Where to stay around Kellogg, ID
Table of Contents
Silver Mountain Resort (Discount Code: 44h0rz)
Silver Mountain Resort, 610 Bunker Ave, Kellogg, ID 83837
The Morning Star Lodge is at the base of the gondola with 278 rooms from studios to suites, many with kitchens, fireplaces and balconies. Water park tickets come with many rooms.
The Silver Mountain Resort Lodge offers fantastic rooms with kitchen and dining areas, in-room washer and dryer, access to the Silver Rapids Indoor Waterpark (not just a place for the kiddos), hot tubs, on-site parking, and the convenience of being right in the middle of the race action. Most rooms come with Waterpark passes, and being able to do some food prep in-house can be a great benefit to serious riders.
(Discount Code: 44h0rz)
Silver Mountain Inn (Discount Code: 44h0rz)
699 W Cameron Ave, Kellogg, ID 83837
The Silver Mountain Inn is the sister property to the Silver Mountain Resort. It’s 0.6 miles from the gondola/Inside Enduro pit.
The Silver Inn has been newly remodeled complete with new carpet, pillow top mattresses, big screen TV’s and more. Additional amenities include limited continental breakfast, cable TV, coffee/tea maker, microwave and refrigerator.
It is incredibly convenient, reasonably priced, and the discount code applies to this location (even better).
(Discount Code: 44h0rz)
Overnight Parking/Camping @ Silver Mountain Resort
Got a sweet RV? Want to go on a road trip? Do you want to save a few $$$ and camp? Directly across the road from the main gondola, and where the real race action happens, is the massive parking area for the Silver Mountain Resort.
The Vendor Row is there, most of the racers (both pro and amateur) are camping there, and that’s where the bulk of the race activity is.
You can reserve you space online (hit the Book Now button below and scroll down to the “Reserve Your Space Now” button. You’ll be looking at $30 a night.
Now, it’s important to know that there are pretty strict rules about fire department access:
- Fire lanes must be kept clear
- All of the camped/parked vehicles and trailers must be parked in a parallel orientation to allow for fire department access
- Resort personnel are required by law to oversee the placement of parked vehicles (if someone is parked incorrectly, they have to get them inline with the fire department’s code – it’s not personal)
- Please contact the Silver Mountain Resort if you have any questions about this…they want to help, and want to make your stay the best it can be
And why am I mentioning all that about the fire department access? It’s because it’s easy to park in the wrong spot, or something funky like that. The Silver Mountain staff are going to try to make things as easy as possible for everyone, and it’s a pain in the behind to be asked to move your RV after you’ve already set up camp.
- Please note that 1 Truck + 1 Trailer = 1 permit
- Permits can be purchased by QR code, at MSL, ticketing office, or kiosk in the parking lot
- Anyone without a permit will be tagged and towed
- Quiet hours are from 10pm–7am
- Pets must be leashed
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- No glass containers, fireworks or fires
- RV and hard-sided vehicles only, NO TENTS are allowed in the paved parking lot or the adjacent gravel area
- Please by respectful of your fellow campers
- 10 day maximum. No long-term parking
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
601 Bunker Ave, Kellogg, ID 83837
- Next to the Resort parking area
- This is not affiliated with the Silver Mountain Resort, so there is no discount code
- Many rooms with two queen beds
There are also VRBOs in and around Kellogg. Please check for availability online at your favorite rental site (there are so many these days that there’s no point in having links here).