Silver Kings Hard Enduro 2023
June 23 - 24, 2023
Silver Mountain Resort
610 Bunker Ave, Kellogg, ID 83837
Thursday June 22nd, 2023:
Racer Registration Check-in (Exact times TBA)
Evening: Racer Parade, Riders’ Meeting
Friday June 23rd, 2023:
Afternoon: Amateur Main Race
Evening: Awards Ceremony (Bronze), Street Rhythm Race, Riders’ Meeting
Saturday June 24th, 2023
Main Race Day – morning and afternoon
Evening: Awards Ceremony (Silver & Gold), VIP Party
SILVER MOUNTAIN RESORT DOG POLICY FOR EVENT WEEKENDS
!!!NO DOGS ALLOWED ON THE GONDOLA OR MOUNAIN DURING EVENT WEEKENDS!!!
Silver Mountain Resort does not allow dogs on the gondola or on the mountain on Event Weekends. This is for the safety of the dogs, the spectators, and race participants. !!!DOGS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE GONDOLA ON FRIDAY, SATURDAY OR SUNDAY!!!
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times!!!
- Please do not let your dog roam at any time when on Resort property (including the parking area)
Silver Mountain Resort allows pets on leashes in the village, and there are a number of pet-friendly rooms available at the lodge, but the rules for dogs on the mountain are different when major events are being held. The Silver Kings Hard Enduro is a major event, and for the safety of all parties (dogs included) dogs will not be allowed on the gondola on any race/event days. Please contact the Silver Mountain Resort directly if you have any questions about this Event Weekend Policy as it pertains to dogs. The Silver Mountain Resort Event Weekend Safety Policy can be found HERE. This policy will be strictly enforced by the Silver Mountain Resort staff.
SPECTATOR GONDOLA PASSES
- Racers will be purchasing special non-scannable terrain passes at check-in (these can’t be used by any other person)
- All spectators will need to purchase discounted, scannable gondola/lift passes for Friday and Saturday at the Gondola ticketing office (on the outside of the resort check-in / reception area)
- Single Day Gondola Pass Adult (18-64): $20.00
- Single Day Gondola Pass Youth (7-17): $16.00
- Child (6 & under) Free
SPECTATOR ACCESS – GENERAL
- This year we’ve focused heavily on the spectators experience:
- Spectators Map with designated trails will be available
- Targeted chair lifts will be running to connect spectator trails
- Designated viewing locations identified in spectators map
- Mountain Bike Course CLOSED for the first time on Thursday, Friday, & Saturday (June 22-24, 2023).
- We’ will be able to use some of the mountain bike trails for spectator access
- Mountain Bike Course will be open on Sunday (June 25, 2023).
- All spectators need to access the mountain-top race via the gondolas
- It is advised that spectators wear proper footwear (such as hiking boots), bring a backpack with extra clothes, snacks, and water (a sturdy walking stick might come in handy for some)
Spectators may not ride eMountainbikes, motorcycles/dirtbikes or ATVs on Silver Mountain Resort property (including the mountain-top and access roads)
Important!!! The Silver Kings Hard Enduro will be run on the Silver Mountain Ski Resort terrain. This is all private property. The Silver Kings Hard Enduro event is the only time in the year that dirt bikes are invited on this privately-owned land. The Silver Mountain Ski Resort has only granted vehicle permissions for this event to Silver Kings Hard Enduro racers, designated SKHE staff, and race medical personnel.
- Spectator dirtbikes: No
- Spectator ATVs: No
- Spectator eMTBs: No (June 22-24, 2023)
- Spectator Mountain Bikes: No (June 22-24, 2023)
SPECTATOR ACCESS – PROLOGUE
This year the Prologue will be much closer to the gondola on the top of the mountain. This decision was made primarily to make spectating this fun event more accessible for everyone.
AMENITIES ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN
Spectators will ride up the mountain on the gondola and arrive at the main gondola building. This building not only has bathrooms, but also a food court with open seating, the Moguls 21 bar & restaurant, as well as some outdoor seating. There should be at least one additional beer/drink tent set up at one of the spectator points, but that has not yet been confirmed (stay tuned).
- Kellogg, Idaho (yes, we are in town)
- Smelterville is a short 6 min (3.5 mi) drive
- Wallace: 12 min (10.9 mi) via I-90 E
- Coeur d’Alene: 35 miles (30 minutes)
- Spokane: 75 miles (1 hour)
ACCOMMODATIONS IN KELLOGG, ID
SILVER MOUNTAIN RESORT – (Discount Code: 44h0rz)
Most rooms/suites at the Resort come with passes to the Silver Rapids Indoor Waterpark.
The Resort is beautiful, with clean, well-appointed rooms (many with laundry facilities), and adjoins the gondola building. Staying here is luxurious, and will make your race trip like a vacation while you are right in the thick of the action.
Click HERE to book Silver Mountain Resort
SILVER INN – (Discount Code: 44h0rz)
699 W. Cameron Ave, Kellogg, ID 83837)
The Silver Inn is also owned by the Silver Mountain Resort, and located only a few minutes from the Silver Mountain Resort Village (where most of the pre-, and post-, race action is).
The Silver Mountain discount code (44h0rz) works here as well!
Click HERE to book the Silver Inn.
OVERNIGHT PARKING @ SILVER MOUNTAIN RESORT
Trucks/campers/trailers can stay overnight in the parking area that is directly across the road from the Resort and gondola.
- Please note that 1 Truck + 1 Trailer = 1 permit
- All vehicles need to be going in the same direction as the parking lines – this is for safety reasons, and vehicle placement is monitored by designated fire wardens
- Permits can be purchased by QR code, at MSL, ticketing office, or kiosk in the parking lot
- Anyone without a permit will be tagged and towed
Quiet hours are from 10pm–7am
Pets must be leashed
All children must be accompanied by an adult
No glass containers, fireworks or fires
RV and hard-sided vehicles only, NO TENTS are allowed in the paved parking l0t of the adjacent gravel area
Please by respectful of your fellow campers
10 day maximum. No long-term parking
Click HERE to purchase overnight parking permits.
FAIRBRIDGE INN & SUITES
- Next to the Resort parking area – (208) 783-1234
- This is not affiliated with the Silver Mountain Resort, so there is no discount code
There are also VRBOs in and around Kellogg. Please check for availability online at your favorite rental site (there are so many these days that there’s no point in having links here).
Silver Rapids Indoor Waterpark: As previously mentioned, most rooms booked at the Silver Mountain Resort (not the Silver Inn) come with some passes to this stellar attraction. Click here if you’d like more info!
Supermarkets: Yokes Fresh Market in Kellogg, Walmart and Mae’s Market in Smelterville. These are close, but most people will prefer to drive to them.
Dining: There are a lot of restaurants in Kellogg!!! We’ve personally gone around town and let the local eateries know that the race is being held, so they can be prepared for hungry racers and their families.
Most likely sunny and dry, but this is a true ski mountain. What does that mean? Be prepared for “anything”.
Clothing recommendations: Layers are your friend, as a warm summer day can turn into the threat of snow very quickly. Bring sunscreen and a hat, but also include gloves and warm gear if mother nature decides to turn down the temperature. Worst case scenario is that you need to ride down the gondola to grab more clothes…but make sure you’ve brought them, and they are available just in case!
You’ll see race-spectator veterans with backpacks that hold everything from water and snacks to a compactable down jacket, beanie, and gloves.
DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
Please email Rosemary Stearns @ email@example.com