Silver Kings Hard Enduro 2023
June 23 - 24, 2023
Race Info and Course Rules
Silver Mountain Resort
610 Bunker Ave, Kellogg, ID 83837
Thursday June 22nd, 2023:
Racer Registration Check-in (Exact times TBA)
Evening: Racer Parade, Riders’ Meeting
Friday June 23rd, 2023:
Afternoon: Amateur Main Race (Bronze)
Evening: Awards Ceremony (Bronze), Street Rhythm Race, Riders’ Meeting
Saturday June 24th, 2023
Main Race Day (Silver, Gold, and top 30 riders from Bronze)
Evening: Awards Ceremony (Silver & Gold), VIP Party
Online pre-entry only
There will be no on-site entry at the race
Only pre-entered racers will be able to check-in at registration at the race
- Pro Men & Women: $350
- Amateur Classes: $275
- Each racer will be required to buy 2 x $20 Terrain Passes at sign in at Silver Mountain Resort
- AMA Membership is mandatory (This is an AMA sanctioned race)
Not an AMA member? Follow this LINK
- New/replacement/additional transponders will be available at the race registration tent for $5 (cash or Venmo) or $7 (card) each
MEN’S PRO (GOLD) PURSE
- 1st Place Pro – Gold: $10,000
2nd Place Pro – Gold: $3,000
- 3rd Place Pro – Gold: $2,000
WOMEN’S PRO PURSE
- 1st Place Pro – Women: $3,000
2nd Place Pro – Women: $2,000
3rd Place Pro – Women: $1,000
9 AMA USHE Classes: Pro, Pro Women, A, B, C, 45+ Amateur, 40+ Expert, Women, Youth Lites
***1 Silver Kings Hard Enduro 50+ Expert Class (Trophy class only – not eligible for series points)
- Silver King: Pro (Course: Gold)
- Silver Queen: Pro Women (Course: TBA*)
- Knights: A (Course: Silver)
- Crusaders: 40+ Expert (Course: Silver)
- ***Iron Kings: 50+ Expert (Course: Silver)
- Lords: 45+ Amateur (Course: Bronze)
- Barbarians: B (Course: Bronze)
- Cavaliers: C (Course: Bronze)
- Valkyries: Women (Course: Bronze)
- Squires: Youth Lites (12yrs-15yrs) 98cc-250cc (Course: Bronze)
*Pro Women course will decided at a later date
***Iron Kings class is not part of the AMA USHE series (no points)
***Iron Kings class does get an awesome trophy
IS THE SKHE A CHAMPIONSHIP RACE?
- The 9 standard AMA USHE classes are part of Premier Round 6 of 2023 AMA US Hard Enduro Series
- ***Iron Kings 50+ class IS NOT part of the USHE series. This class is for rippers who want to race their peers
- DO NOT SELECT THE IRON KINGS 50+ CLASS IF YOU ARE RACING FOR POINTS IN THE AMA USHE SERIES – YOU WILL NOT GET POINTS TOWARDS THE SERIES!!!
!!!YOU ARE EXPECTED TO FILL UP YOU BIKE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE VILLAGE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE MOUNTAIN BEFORE YOU RACE!!!
- The fuel station will be only be open during (not before) the main race
- There will be no fuel available on Prologue day
- There will be no fuel available before the main race for anyone
- Fuel station will not be operational until the first racer arrives after starting the race and arriving at the station via the track course
- If you choose to arrive at the start of the race without fuel, know that this is the decision that you made before you left your car/truck/trailer!
- You will be starting your race with the fuel that you have depending on how much you left the village with
- There will be limited fuel available after the race, and minimal top-ups will be made by Silver Kings Hard Enduro staff, and only if they deem it necessary
- Both straight gas and pre-mix will be available during the race
- Due to the altitude of the Silver Mountain ski mountain, specialized “race fuel” is not recommended
THIRD PARTY TIMING
Professional third-party timing will be provided by Moto-tally for all racers.
Sub-alpine single track and free-ride mountain conditions.
- Base elevation 4,100 feet
- Summit elevation 6,300 feet
- 2,200 vertical feet
- Race format descriptions TBA.
- As per the 2023 AMA Racing Rulebook & 2023 AMA Extreme Off-Road Championship Supplements there will be checkpoints throughout all race courses (Gold, Silver, & Bronze) and will be scored as such.
- All cut-off times will be strictly enforced
The main race has a 6 hour cutoff time
Racers must be checked OUT of the checkpoints by the cut-off time
AVERAGE DAILY RIDING TIME
This question will be answered more thoroughly soon. This will depend not only on your riding ability, but also on if you enter into the “right” class for your abilities. We have created three distinctly different tracks (Gold, Silver, & Bronze) in order to give racers the maximum amount of race riding time while challenging riders on a kickass course on 100% private land that is only accessible once a year.
NUMBER OF RACERS
- Maximum number of race entrants is 500 riders
- Rider limit of 500 as per our agreement with the resort
- All riders must be pre-entered online
- No new entries will take place at registration
ON-SITE RACE PACKET PICKUP / PURCHASE OF TERRAIN PASSES / TRANSPONDER ACTIVATION OR PURCHASE
!!!Bring your helmet and your AMA card so that race staff can activate/register your transponder and verify your AMA status!!!
- Thursday 06/22/2023 (Time TBA)
NEW OR ADDITIONAL TRANSPONDERS
- New/additional transponders will be available at the race registration tent for $5 (cash or Venmo) or $7 (card) each
- Multiple helmets may be registered (each helmet must have its own transponder)
- If you are unable to pick up your rider packet and activate your transponder, please make arrangements with a trusted friend/family member to do this for you during the times the registration tent is operating
RACER TERRAIN PERMITS (Friday & Saturday Only)
- Each racer must purchase two Silver Mountain Terrain Permits (2 x $20) at the time of pre-entry
- These are non-transferrable and NON-SCANNABLE
- These tags are day-specific (one for Friday & one for Saturday)
- These tags (one for Friday and one for Saturday) will need to be attached to either the racer’s bike or the racer when on Ski Mountain property on each respective day
- In the event that a rider needs to ride the gondola on Thursday or Sunday (non-race days), they will need to purchase regular single day gondola passes from the gondola ticketing office
- Racer Terrain Permits cannot be swapped for scannable gondola passes
- If a racer is no longer racing (an amateur racer who is spectating on Saturday) the racer is able to ride the gondola with their Terrain Permit AND government issued ID (their ID must match the rider list at the gondola entry)
- Exact track demarcation is currently being finalized.
- There will be a variety of marking formats including tapes/ribbons, arrows, cones, and caution tape.
NO DIRT BIKE GOGGLE TEAR-OFFS/TEAR-AWAYS!!!
NO DOGS ON THE MOUNTAIN!!!
Dogs ARE NOT PERMITTED on the mountain or gondola on Event weekends.
SPARK ARRESTORS ARE REQUIRED
Most likely sunny and dry, but this is a true ski mountain. What does that mean? Be prepared for “anything”.
A change in the weather (like an occasional thunderstorm) will increase the course difficulty.
Entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE
The refund policy is as follows:
There are NO REFUNDS – UNLESS all of the following criteria are met:
If you need to drop out due to unforeseen circumstances, you may request a 50% refund (less all credit card processing fees) only if:
- There is an entrant on the waitlist that will take your spot
- Once confirmed, you will receive a 50% refund minus fees
- You have until 11:59 PM MST on May 22nd, 2023 to request a refund and drop from the race
- After 12:00 AM MST May 23rd, 2023 there are no refunds for any reason
We hope you understand putting this event on is expensive. We simply cannot afford to offer full refunds after we’ve already spent the money we needed to put on this event. Thank you for understanding!
- If you become pregnant or adopt a child under the age of 5 after entering the race and cannot participate you are able to defer you race entry up to 2 years. You must make arrangements at least 60 days prior to race day. If for any reason the race ceases from happening in those 2 years, you will not receive a refund.
RIGHT TO DENY SERVICE POLICY
Inside Enduro LLC (DBA Silver Kings Hard Enduro) reserves the right to permanently disallow an individual’s participation in any future events if they do not follow these guidelines.